Why and how to refer a student
Your experience at OSR or BGI was unlike anything else. The small size, intensive classes and professorial expertise prepared you to take on your current opportunity, whether it was starting a new social venture or helping a larger company reevaluate its leadership practices.
The need to create change agents does not end with you. To keep evolving the business landscape, we’ll need to equip more individuals with the background knowledge and skills to make a difference. You have the opportunity to contribute to the future of sustainable business by referring prospective students to Pinchot.
A few points about each program
Pinchot offers four programs committed to the common good – two sustainable MBAs and a Certificate through BGI at Pinchot and an MA in Organizational Leadership through OSR at Pinchot
- Unique blend of online distance learning and four-day weekend intensives each month.
- Flexible way for professionals to earn an MBA and still experience the immersive energy of the classroom.
- Program takes between two and three years to complete.
- Change Agent in Residence (CAIR): monthly talks from sustainability leaders.
- First year provides systemic and historical context for students’ work together, incorporating concepts of economics, sustainable business, social justice and systems thinking.
- Second year offers options for customization and focus: finance, sustainable food and agriculture systems, sustainable built environment, sustainable energy solutions.
- The Metro MBA Program is offered at BGI’s Seattle Learning Site in the Masins Building in historic Pioneer Square.
- Classes meet each week, and there opportunities to attend special workshops and events at Islandwood.
- Program takes about as little as 18 months to complete or up to 27 months, depending on number of credits taken each term.
- Program teaches the business fundamentals, and, in addition, provides every student a deep immersion in the cutting-edge aspects of sustainability as they relate to each of the core business topics.
- Core classes are paired with specialized seminars to give a complete picture of how sustainability fits into the greater system.
- Though a relatively recent addition to BGI, the Organization Systems Renewal (OSR) program has been a leader in systemic organizational change for nearly 35 years.
- Two-year intensive program.
- Participants are with the same cohort during the entire time, fostering trust and open sharing.
- Participants study the theories that describe the workings of complex organizational systems as they experience how the theories play out in learning groups large, medium and small.
- Students discover how to engage diverse perspectives to become a more confident leader.
Certificate programs take one year to complete, and allow for complete immersion in one of the topics below. Monthly in-person class sessions are held at Islandwood in the fall, winter and spring quarters, and at the downtown campus in summer.
Our big bold brochure is digitally available at issuu.com/pinchotedu
A Tour of Each Campus
What makes the Pinchot campus in the heart of downtown Seattle so special? Home to OSR’s MA and BGI’s MBA, check out 220 & Change for a snapshot of the vitality at our “metro” home.
BGI’s namesake of Bainbridge Island has shepherded hundreds of sustainability leaders and continues to ignite innovation through the MBA in Sustainable Systems, housed one weekend a month at the stunning IslandWood retreat, a short ferry ride from Seattle and a world away.
How you can get people interested!
- Talk to people! The more you learn, you might discover ideal fits for future BGI students. Networking events, conferences and meetings are all good places to start.
- Share Pinchot stories with your social network. Repost, retweet and remember your great experience.
Have someone you think is interested in learning more about BGI? Great! The following information will help the BGI admissions staff quickly and efficiently reach out to prospective students.
- Phone number
If possible, also include:
- Which program is of interest
- Current job
Please send all information to the Admissions team:
Becca Balyeat, Associate Director of Admissions and Outreach